Posted at 9:01 PM ET by Kent Allen
9 p.m. Poll Closings
- New York: Lots of possibly close congressional races upstate, from the Massachusetts border to Lake Ontario.
- Rhode Island: A close Senate race between Democrat Sheldon Whitehouse and incumbent Republican Lincoln Chafee.
- Idaho: The western district is competitive, a late surprise.
- Iowa: A couple of tight House races, one for each party.
- Louisiana: No changes expected.
- Minnesota: Democrat Amy Klobuchar is likely to defeat Republican Mark Kennedy.
- Nebraska: The Democrats are pinning hopes on a possible upset in the western Nebraska congressional district.
- Wisconsin: Possibly a close race for the open House seat that includes Green Bay.
- Arizona: Democrats hope to pick up one or two House seats.
- Colorado: There are a couple of Republican seats on the Democratic target list.
- New Mexico: Republican incumbent Heather Wilson is under fire in her First Congressional District.
- Wyoming: Republican Barbara Cubin is defending her at-large congressional seat.