1. When asked about an Obama campaign ad mocking John McCain as computer illiterate, Biden said, "I thought it was terrible...if I had anything to do with it, we'd have never done it." Later, he had to admit he had never seen the ad.
2. Biden commented that "Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me."
3. In Columbia, Mo., Biden shouted to state Sen. Chuck Graham, "Chuck, stand up. Let the people see you." He then realized that Graham uses a wheelchair.
4. At his first campaign rally with Barack Obama, Biden referred to his running mate as "Barack America."
5. Biden told Katie Couric, "When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened.' " FDR was not president when the stock market crashed in 1929, and televisions were still experimental.