A half-dozen U.S. News writers from across the ideological spectrum contribute to TJS, providing insightful analysis, provocative opinions, and even a bit of humor:
- Michael Barone: A well-known political commentator and U.S. News senior writer, Barone is principal coauthor of The Almanac of American Politics.
- Robert Schlesinger: The U.S. News deputy editor of opinion content, Schlesinger has also written for the Boston Globe, the Hill, the Washington Monthly, and Salon.com, among other publications, and is the author of White House Ghosts: Presidents and Their Speechwriters.
- Sam Dealey: A U.S. News contributing editor, Dealey has written for a variety of publications, including Time, GQ, the New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal.
- Bonnie Erbe: A U.S. News contributing editor, Erbe hosts PBS's weekly news analysis program, To the Contrary With Bonnie Erbe.
- John Aloysius Farrell: A U.S. News contributing editor, Farrell is an award-winning Washington reporter who has written for the Boston Globe and the Denver Post and is the author of Tip O ' Neill and the Democratic Century.
- Morgan E. Felchner: The U.S. News deputy editor in charge of political coverage, Felchner was previously editor of Campaigns & Elections and the Voting in America book series.
Thomas Jefferson Street anchors an exciting expansion of USNews.com's opinion section, including regular new op-ed content and other features.