SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A man charged with killing seven people at a tiny college has told a San Francisco television station that he's deeply sorry about the shooting.
In an exclusive jailhouse interview with KPIX-TV (http://cbsloc.al/Hy6wmh), One Goh also said he realizes the victims' relatives are "so angry with me." He acknowledged in the interview that his lawyer told him not to discuss the case.
During the interview Wednesday with reporter Juliette Goodrich, Goh added "(But) if I tell them sorry, it doesn't bring anybody back."
Goodrich reported that as they spoke, Goh kept his head down. His eyes were bloodshot and at one point he started to cry, she said.
"I only remember parts of that day and it is too hard to talk about," Goh reportedly told Goodrich.
But he did not appear to make any effort to dispute allegations by authorities that he was the gunman on April 2 at Oikos University in Oakland.
Goh had declined a request from The Associated Press for an interview.
Goh, 43, a native of South Korea and former student at the school, has been charged with seven counts of murder and three counts of attempted murder in the deadliest U.S. campus attack since the shooting at Virginia Tech in 2007. He has not yet entered a plea.
Police have said Goh was targeting an administrator who had been involved in his financial dispute with the school. When he learned she wasn't there, police say, he began shooting in classrooms. Police are also investigating whether Goh might have been seeking multiple targets.
Meanwhile, the director of the nursing program at the California Christian college where Goh allegedly went on his rampage said her students don't want to return to the classroom building where the shootings took place.
Ellen Cervellon said Wednesday that nursing students at Oikos University are still traumatized by the April 2 shooting and are looking for a new space off campus to hold classes. Instructors say they are not sure when classes will resume.
During a memorial held Tuesday, Cervellon — who believed she was the intended target of the attack — praised the victims she called the "loved seven."
Doris Chibuko, 40, of San Leandro: Judith Seymour, 53, of San Jose; Grace EunHea Kim, 23; Lydia Sim, 21, Bhutia Tshering, 38, and Sonam Choedon, 33, and secretary Katleen Ping, 24, were killed in the attack.
"They came in July, a year ago. They came with hope ... to work as a nurse, to care for people," Cervellon said about the victims.
Jeong Gwan Lee, the Korean Consul General in San Francisco, told mourners the incident is an appropriate time for the Korean community to pause for reflection.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.