6. Creative Cause (Mike Harrington, Joel Rosario): Nipped by nose as Santa Anita Derby favorite. ... San Felipe (G2) winner did nothing to diminish stature. ... Next start: Kentucky Derby. ... Odds: 8-1.
7. Secret Circle (Bob Baffert, Rafael Bejarano): Rebel (G2) winner has chance to sweep Arkansas' three Derby preps. ... Worked 5 furlongs in 1:00.20 Monday at Santa Anita. ... Baffert says he's feeling better as he recovers from heart attack last month. ... Next start: Arkansas Derby (G1), Oaklawn Park, Saturday. ... Odds: 30-1.
8. Bodemeister (Baffert, Martin Garcia): San Felipe runner-up worked 5 furlongs in 1:00.40 Sunday at Santa Anita. ... Next start: Arkansas Derby. ... Odds: 22-1.
9. Alpha (Kiaran McLaughlin, Dominguez): Strong effort as Wood runner-up has trainer feeling confident about Derby. ... Withers (G3) winner may have had best effort in neck loss to Gemologist. ... Next start: Kentucky Derby. ... Odds: 21-1.
10. Howe Great (Graham Motion, John Velazquez): Palm Beach (G3) winner worked 5 furlongs in 1:01.60 Saturday at Keeneland. ... Owner Team Valor, Motion, Velazquez won 2011 Derby with Animal Kingdom. ... Next start: Blue Grass. ... Odds: 57-1.
Keep an eye on: Daddy Long Legs, Daddy Nose Best, Done Talking, El Padrino, Mark Valeski.
Follow Richard Rosenblatt on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/rosenblattap
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.