5. Alpha (Kiaran McLaughlin, Dominguez): Withers (G3) winner worked 5 furlongs in a fast 1:00.99 Sunday at Palm Meadows. ... A few race changes now has colt headed to New York for final Derby prep. ... Next start: Wood Memorial, Aqueduct, April 7. ... Odds: 18-1.
6. Gemologist (Pletcher, Castellano): Unbeaten in four races, but likely needs strong effort in final Derby prep to pick up graded stakes earnings. ... Next start: Wood Memorial. ... Odds: 23-1.
7. Creative Cause (Mike Harrington, Joel Rosario): San Felipe (G2) winner worked 5 furlongs in 59.40 last Tuesday at Hollywood Park. ... Next start: Santa Anita Derby (G1), Santa Anita, April 7. ... Odds: 17-1.
8. Bodemeister (Baffert, Bejarano): San Felipe runner-up worked 4 furlongs in 46.80 at Santa Anita last week. ... Final Derby prep not set. ... Next start: Santa Anita Derby or Arkansas Derby. ... Odds: 29-1.
9. Howe Great (Graham Motion, John Velazquez): ... Palm Beach (G3) winner needs strong effort in next race, then needs to show he likes Churchill Downs dirt. ... Next start: Blue Grass (G1). ... Odds: 3-1 (mutuel field).
10. Mark Valeski (Larry Jones, Rosie Napravnik): Risen Star runner-up worked 5 furlongs in 59.40 at the Fair Grounds last week. ... Next start: Louisiana Derby (G1), Fair Grounds, April 1. ... Odds: 38-1.
Keep an eye on: I'll Have Another, My Adonis, Optimizer, Take Charge Indy, Went the Day Well.
Follow Richard Rosenblatt on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/rosenblattap