(1) NORTH CAROLINA vs. (16) Vermont — Come on, the game is in Greensboro.
(8) CREIGHTON vs. (9) Alabama — Doug McDermott gets a chance to show the country how he averaged 23.2 points while shooting 61 percent from the field and 49 percent on 3s.
(5) TEMPLE vs. (12) South Florida — The Owls are loaded with quality guards, and they should give freshman Anthony Collins all he can handle.
(4) MICHIGAN vs. (13) Ohio — The missing word "state" keeps this from being an early tournament upset.
(11) NORTH CAROLINA STATE vs. (6) San Diego State — The Wolfpack are still steaming over the end of their ACC semifinal loss to North Carolina, and C.J. Leslie and Co. should take it out on the Aztecs.
(3) GEORGETOWN vs. (14) Belmont — The Bears are always a chic upset pick, but the Hoyas' size keep that from being a good idea.
(10) PURDUE vs. (7) Saint Mary's — The Boilermakers and Robbie Hummel are a sentimental pick, but they will try and muscle the Gaels all over the court.
(2) KANSAS vs. (15) Detroit — Usually facing the Horizon League champion scares the daylights out of teams, but the Titans just don't match up to the Butler teams that reached the national championship game the last two years.
NORTH CAROLINA vs. Creighton — The Tar Heels have a bunch of players who can match Doug McDermott's scoring prowess.
TEMPLE vs. Michigan — There will be a ton of good guards in this one, but Temple's depth might be the difference.
GEORGETOWN vs. North Carolina State — The Hoyas are one of the best passing teams in the country and one of the best passers is center Henry Sims. That makes them too tough a matchup for the Wolfpack.
KANSAS vs. Purdue — The Jayhawks' inside-outside combination of Thomas Robinson and Tyshawn Taylor are way too much for the Boilermakers to handle.
NORTH CAROLINA vs. Temple — The Tar Heels will simply outscore the Owls.
GEORGETOWN vs. Kansas — The Hoyas are an underrated defensive team. They will relish stopping a player like Thomas Robinson inside and will use a ton of fouls doing it.
NORTH CAROLINA vs. Georgetown — These schools met in this round in 2007. The Tar Heels win this time.
MICHIGAN STATE vs. Wichita State — The Spartans don't mind playing good big men, and they love the opportunity to make teams match up with them. The Shockers' run ends here.
SYRACUSE vs. North Carolina — The Orange will win only if the zone keeps the Tar Heels from hitting 3s and if they rebound well enough to keep North Carolina point guard Kendall Marshall from operating in transition.
MICHIGAN STATE vs. Syracuse — Tom Izzo's first national championship in 2000 was orchestrated by Mateen Cleaves. Twelve years later Draymond Green gets to play that role, finding a way to operate inside the zone to get the whole team involved in the offense.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.