(3) MARQUETTE vs. (14) Iona — The Golden Eagles are still smarting over the quick exit in the Big East tournament, and Darius Johnson-Odom against Machado should be a great guard matchup.
(7) FLORIDA vs. (10) Virginia — The Gators, despite losing key reserve forward Will Yeguete, have picked up their play lately, and coach Billy Donovan is usually pretty good at containing star players such as Mike Scott.
(2) MISSOURI vs. (15) Norfolk State — The Tigers should make even passing the ball tough for the Spartans.
MICHIGAN STATE vs. Memphis — The Spartans will try to make this a battle in the paint, and they usually win those.
LOUISVILLE vs. Long Beach State — The Cardinals have several guards who can help defend standout point guard Casper Ware.
MARQUETTE vs. Colorado State — Big East Player of the Year Jae Crowder will cause problems inside and out for the Rams.
MISSOURI vs. Florida — The Tigers can speed the game up even more than the Gators would like.
MICHIGAN STATE vs. Louisville — Draymond Green will be tough for the Cardinals to handle underneath.
MISSOURI vs. Marquette — A game without real big men should be a track meet, and the Tigers usually prevail in those matchups.
MICHIGAN STATE vs. Missouri — Tom Izzo's Spartans missed the Final Four last year to end a two-year run. They'll get back by going inside against the Tigers.
(1) SYRACUSE vs. (16) North Carolina-Asheville — The Orange won't lose two in a row.
(8) KANSAS STATE vs. (9) Southern Mississippi — The Wildcats survived the Big 12 with some strong defensive performances, and the Golden Eagles haven't seen many teams that do that.
(5) VANDERBILT vs. (12) Harvard — Once everybody is done with the SAT jokes they will see that the Commodores have way too much size for the Crimson.
(4) WISCONSIN vs. (13) Montana — The Badgers are tough to prepare for because nobody plays defense and controls the pace the way they do.
(11) TEXAS vs. (6) Cincinnati — The Longhorns have been improving at the end of the season while the Bearcats were talking about being overconfident after losing to Louisville in the Big East tournament.
(3) FLORIDA STATE vs. (14) St. Bonaventure — The Seminoles are an outstanding defensive team, and they should enjoy trying to contain Atlantic 10 Player of the Year Andrew Nicholson.
(10) WEST VIRGINIA vs. (7) Gonzaga — The Mountaineers are a young team that's still learning how to take advantage of Kevin Jones' talents. The Bulldogs have to deal with travel as well as Jones.
(2) OHIO STATE vs. (15) Loyola (Md.) — The Buckeyes will be looking to get the taste of the Big Ten tournament final loss to Michigan State out of their mouths.
SYRACUSE vs. Kansas State — The Orange's 2-3 zone will cause havoc for the Wildcats' young guards.
VANDERBILT vs. Wisconsin — The Commodores have an inside and outside game and will spread out the Badgers on defense.
FLORIDA STATE vs. Texas — Watch for Michael Snaer to add to his list of buzzer-beaters.
OHIO STATE vs. West Virginia — The Mountaineers just don't have an answer for Jared Sullinger inside.
SYRACUSE vs. Vanderbilt — John Jenkins' outside shooting should scare the Orange, but the Commodores will have more trouble handling the speed of Dion Waiters and C.J. Fair.
OHIO STATE vs. Florida State — A cagey point guard like Aaron Craft can handle the Seminoles' pressure, and when he does, it's a break for the Buckeyes inside.
SYRACUSE vs. Ohio State — There are great matchups inside and outside in this one, but karma gets a say sometimes. The Orange have found their way to New Orleans for the Final Four twice before.