1. How did the Smithsonian Institution initially get its funding?
D. James Smithson left his estate to the United States.
2. Which of these museums is not part of the Smithsonian Institution?
A. The Newseum
3. The Hope Diamond at the Museum of Natural History is what color?
4. Which chef’s kitchen is exhibited at the American History Museum?
D. Julia Child's
5. The flag that inspired the "Star-Spangled Banner" at the American History Museum flew over what fort in 1814?
B. Fort McHenry
6. True or false: The Spirit of St. Louis at the Air and Space Museum is famous for flying nonstop between St. Louis and London.
False. It flew from New York to Paris.
7. Which masterpiece is permanently housed in the Freer Gallery of Art?
B. Whistler's Peacock Room
8. Which of these items cannot be found at the Air and Space Museum?
D. Franklin Roosevelt's plane, the Sacred Cow