There were gaffes. There were zingers. And then there were statements so outlandish or funny we couldn't possibly forget them. From our politicians and the people that surround them, we give you the 10 wackiest political quotes of 2012:
1. "Last week The Onion said I was going to become a male stripper."
— Education Secretary Arne Duncan, in response to questions about his political future in November.
2. "Lemon. Wet. Good."
— Mitt Romney, describing how lemonade tasted in July.
3. "Ifs and ands and buts are like candy and nuts"
— House Speaker John Boehner, talking about negotiations on the fiscal cliff last week.
4. "I can't do that to myself!"
— Actor Clint Eastwood, talking to an empty chair at the Republican National Convention in August.
5. "I promise you, the president has a big stick."
— Vice President Joe Biden, defending President Barack Obama's foreign policy in April.
6. "I've seen Joe up close... [laughter] It's in my remarks, really!"
— Jill Biden, making an unintended sex joke about the vice president in August.
7. "The phoney electoral college made a laughing stock out of our nation. The loser one!"
— Real estate mogul Donald Trump, in a Twitter meltdown after losing the election.
8. "With all due respect, that's a bunch of malarkey."
— Joe Biden, answering a question on the attacks in Benghazi, Libya at the vice presidential debate.
9. "What does it say about the college coed ... who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex?"
— Rush Limbaugh, talking about Georgetown law student Susan Fluke in March.
10. "I'm tired of Bronco Bama and Mitt Romney."
— Abigael Evans, 4, cried to her mother about the seemingly unending election coverage.