Josh, Tagg, Matt, Craig, and Ben Romney, or the Romney Brothers as they preferred to be called (rather than the boy-band-sounding "Romney Boys" nickname they have earned in the press) appeared on Conan Wednesday night to talk about their father. Donning HELLO nametags so their host could keep them straight, the sons of the presumptive GOP nominee revealed to Conan O'Brien some of Mitt's lesser-known qualities. Among them:
- Mitt Romney had a good friend named Tagg Taggart, and named his firstborn Tagg after him. Tagg Romney must not like the unconventional name, as he explained his five sons all have "normal" names.
- Mitt likes pranks. Mitt, in a prank we must admit is pretty brilliant, painted "H-E-L-P" onto the soles of the shoes of a friend getting married so that it would show when the groom was kneeling at the alter.
- ….But don't try pranking him. When Josh attempted to scare his father in their dark basement, Mitt tackled his son, demanding "Was it worth it?"
- Mitt may be able to moonwalk. Or he may have "turftoe" as Matt called it, in what we must assume it another way of saying "two left feet."
- Mitt Romney likes to sing "whatever comes to his head," explained Ben, but particularly Roy Orbison. He also would reenact the Will Ferrell "Taco, Burrito, something is coming out of your speedo" cheerleader SNL skit, which Mitt would repeat anytime those food items were mentioned. Check out the video below.
- See a collection of political cartoons on Mitt Romney
- See pictures of Mitt Romney
- A Survival Guide to Summer TV
Tierney Sneed is associate editor of U.S. News Opinion. E-mail her at email@example.com.