This morning's top stories:
- The House is scheduled for a final vote today on the Iraq spending bill, which would mandate a withdrawal of troops beginning this fall. The president has promised a veto.
- Lawmakers in Mexico City have voted to legalize abortion, setting the stage for a bitter court battle.
- A Canadian national detained at Guantanamo Bay has been formally charged with murder and other crimes.
- Inmates at an Indiana prison staged a two-hour riot yesterday, injuring several guards.
- Astronomers have discovered the first observed planet outside our solar system that appears to have temperatures and an atmosphere capable of hosting humanlike life.