By Dan Gilgoff, God & Country
This is my last post at God & Country, and in the spirit of the season, I'd like to close out with a year-end list. I launched this blog a little more than a year ago, when I had some doubts about there being enough religion and politics news in a nonelection year to sustain it. More than 600 posts later, those doubts have faded.
Here's my list of favorite, most full of impact, and most newsworthy 10 posts of the year. Thanks for reading!
- Why Rick Warren's Invocation at Obama's Inauguration Matters
- A New White House Tradition: Commissioning (and Vetting) Prayers for Obama Events
- The Paul Weyrich I Knew
- Ralph Reed Launches New Values Group: 'Not Your Daddy's Christian Coalition'
- Ex-NFL Coach/Christian Conservative Tony Dungy Asked to Join White House Faith Council
- Newt Gingrich Steps Up Efforts to Organize Religious Conservatives
- White House Consulted American Religious Leaders on Muslim Speech
- Exclusive: Newt Gingrich Opens Up on Catholic Conversion and Embracing 'Overt Christianity'
- Rick Warren Comes to Washington
- 4 Ways the 'No Religion' Boom Will Alter American Politics