Dylan Byers over at Politico reports that CNN is in talks with former House speaker and GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich as well as Stephanie Cutter, Obama adviser and veteran strategist, for a relaunch of its classic, debate-format series "Crossfire." In its previous incarnation, Crossfire pitted liberal and conservative pundits against one another to discuss the political issues of the day, often resulting in television fireworks. According to Byers, it's not clear whether Cutler and Gingrich would face off regularly, or would just appear among a rotation of other guests. Considering that many credit Jon Stewart's takedown for its 2004 cancellation, maybe CNN president Jeff Zucker should consider other, less-charged topics for Gingrich and Cutter to cover.
1. "Downton Abbey" recaps
2. Animals and zoos: ranking the best zoos in the country (We know where Gingrich stands on this.)
3. The pros and cons of moon colonization
5. Fashion trends in fine leather
6. Reviewing the latest in Civil War literature
7. Who should be on the next "Celebrity Apprentice"
More Entertainment News: