1. Who were the main opponents of the Democratic Party in its early years?
2. Which of these 19th-century hot topics was not supported by the Democrats?
A. The national bank
3. Which of these presidents was not a member of the Democratic Party?
D. Calvin Coolidge
4. Where was the first Democratic National Convention held in 1832?
5. True or false: 1976 was the last time a Democratic presidential nominee won Alabama, Mississippi, or Texas.
6. During which of these time periods did the Democrats control both houses of Congress and the White House?
7. True or false: 25 of the 43 men to hold the presidency have been Democrats.
False. 15 Democrats have been president.
8. What animal besides the donkey is sometimes used to represent the party?
9. Who was recently named chair of the Democratic Party?
D. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz
10. What year was the Democratic National Committee founded?