- 0.1 percent of the estimated annual federal deficit ($1.5 trillion)
- 0.06 percent of President Obama's proposed $3.7-trillion dollar 2012 budget.
- 44 times bigger than the $50 million in funding to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting that the House voted to cut last week
- 4.4 percent of Facebook's $41 billion estimated worth
- Nearly 11 times the 2011 payroll of the New York Yankees ($206,738,389), the highest-paid team in Major League Baseball
(Sources: U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of State, Center for Responsive Politics, U.S. Census Bureau, U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis, CIA Factbook, The White House, Bloomberg, ESPN)