1. What year was the modern Republican Party founded?
2. When the Republican Party was first formed, which of these parties was not primarily absorbed into the new party?
B. Greenback Party
3. Who was the first candidate to run for president on the Republican ticket?
A. John C. Frémont
4. In what city was the first official Republican National Convention held?
5. True or false: The Republican National Committee has never had a female chair.
False. Mary Louise Smith served from 1974 to 1977.
6. Who was both the first and the longest-serving chair of the RNC?
C. Edwin Morgan
7. Which of these politicians has not served as chair of the RNC?
D. Newt Gingrich
8. Who is the current chair of the Republican Governors Association?
D. Rick Perry, Texas
9. Which of these states does not currently have a Republican governor?
10. True or false: The Republican Party gained more seats in the House of Representatives in 2010 than in 1994.