1. What year were homosexuals officially banned from serving in the military?
2. During WWII, service members believed to be gay were often given what type of undesirable military discharge?
A. "Blue" discharge
3. What year did "don't ask, don't tell" become law?
4. In 2009, how many service members were discharged for violating the ban?
5. True or false: Bill Clinton has expressed regret for initiating the policy.
6. Which Democrat sponsored the House-approved amendment in May to repeal the ban?
D. Patrick Murphy (Pa.)
7. This September, which of the following senators voted in favor of repealing "don't ask, don't tell"?
B. Joseph Lieberman (Conn.)
8. A federal judge in what state this month ruled the ban unconstitutional?
9. Who among the following has not expressed support for "don't ask, don't tell" to be repealed?
D. Donald Rumsfeld