1. On what date did the Boston Tea Party occur?
C. Dec. 16, 1773
2. Many of the people who tossed the tea belonged to which organization?
D. Sons of Liberty
3. Which Founding Father organized the meetings that eventually led to the Boston Tea Party?
B. Samuel Adams
4. True or false: The Tea Act actually reduced the tax on imported British tea.
5. Which law imposed duties on imports to the Colonies?
D. Townshend Acts
6. True or false: The Boston Massacre and the Boston Tea Party took place within one month of one another.
False. The Boston Massacre occurred three years earlier.
7. Where did the colonists congregate right before the "party" started?
A. Old South Meeting House
8. What was the name of the company that owned the tea?
B. East India Company
9. The three ships that brought the tea to Boston hailed from which country?
A. The Colonies (America)
10. How many chests of tea were dumped into Boston Harbor?