1. Who was the first person to be elected secretary general of the U.N.?
D. Trygve Lie
2. How many member nations are there in the United Nations?
3. Which of these countries was not an original member?
4. Who is the current United States ambassador to the U.N.?
C. Susan Rice
5. True or false: The land occupied by the U.N. headquarters in New York is considered international territory.
6. Which country is not a permanent member of the Security Council?
7. True or false: The president of the Security Council changes monthly.
8. Which of these agencies does not operate under the U.N. system?
A. International Criminal Court
9. Which nation was the first to be subjected to U.N. economic sanctions?
10. Which of these actors has served as a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF?
D. Susan Sarandon