As of 5 p.m. Wednesday, at least 96 Georgetown students had been treated for symptoms of food poisoning, prompting the university to shut down a dining hall, the Hoya reports. Students began pouring into the hospital around 10 p.m. Tuesday with symptoms like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and dehydration.
The university held a press conference yesterday and has been alerting students via E-mail of the outbreak's status. Although officials have not determined for certain whether the illness was foodborne or if it originated from school facilities, the dining hall will remain closed until the investigation is complete. According to the Washington, D.C., health department, nearby Maryland and Virginia jurisdictions have not reported any other similar cases.