David Letterman is getting a telecommunications building named after him at Ball State University, his alma mater, class of '70, the Daily News and the Indianapolis Star report. Sorry that we're five short. Couldn't think of more.
5. Letterman is by far the most famous alumni from Ball State. Garfield creator Jim Davis doesn't even come close.
4. "The [school's] board presented [Letterman's mother] with a picture frame with a slide show of digital pictures of the new building." Those newfangled moving pictures sure are neat.
3. He is actually going to Ball State for the building's grand opening, which automatically makes the Midwest 22 percent cooler than usual for the duration of his trip.
2. He was a frat boy in Sigma Chi. Imagine Letterman doing a keg stand 37 years ago. Or right now, for that matter.
1. Letterman's mom was the one who insisted he accept the honor. HIS MOM. That's just adorable. —Alison Go