November 17, 2006
- Mansfield Universityknown as the site of the first outdoor college football game to be played at night, in 1892has decided to cut its football team, the Associated Press reports.
- The University of Iowa may announce its next president today, the Daily Iowan reports.
- Maryland's new Democratic governor may help the University of Maryland move forward with benefits for gay and lesbian partners, says the Diamondback .
- A Washington State University student group offered support for a rule change that would allow university patrols of student dorms, despite a court decision--and despite a poll showing most students don't support the change, the Daily Evergreen reports.
- Florida State University and the University of Florida were created on the same day with the same piece of legislation, but the schools claim two different founding dates--probably for marketing reasons, says the Daily Alligator.
- Montana state universities could start mandating classes in American Indian history and culture, the Montana Kaimin reports.
Florida State University,
University of Iowa,
University of Montana,
University of Maryland,
Washington State University,
University of Florida