November 14, 2006
- At the University of Washington, sorority members are not allowed to cook or clean for themselves--so they pay "houseboys" to do it for them, the Daily Evergreen reports.
- A U.S. State Department program meant to build ties between American and Middle Eastern universities is bearing fruit at the University of Tennessee, whose communications department just hosted representatives from three Middle Eastern schools interested in improving their own journalism programs, the Daily Beacon reports.
- A battle to defend its gun ban has cost the University of Utah a lot of money--and some students aren't happy about that, says the Daily Utah Chronicle.
- At the University of Minnesota, students are trying to create a major in nonprofit organizations, the MN Daily reports.
- Scientists at the University of California-Berkeley have developed a low-cost stove to help impoverished Darfur refugees, the Daily Cal reports.
University of Tennessee,
University of Minnesota,
University of Utah,
University of Washington