October 5, 2006
- University of Florida students whose families were displaced by Hurricane Katrina are struggling to get financial aid--even the same amounts they always got, the Alligator reports.
- The job outlook is good for college grads, thanks to rising numbers of retirees, the Daily Kansan reports.
- A new University of Texas student agency will represent student veterans, who face unique concerns--like getting called out of school in the middle of the year to fight a war, the Daily Texan reports.
- Two women pleaded guilty to arson yesterday, dredging up a 2001 Earth Liberation Front attack that destroyed a University of Washington horticulture building, the Daily reports .
- Backup, backup, backup! A sob story from Stanford, where a senior whose laptop was stolen lost all her thesis research--and her thesis, the Daily reports.