September 27, 2006
- Princeton has hired its first-ever Muslim chaplain, the Daily Princetonian reports. Meanwhile, at Northwestern, in its Ramadan-inspired coverage, the Daily Northwestern reports that a Muslim rower keeps on rowing--even during the fast.
- At the University of Kansas, nobody's happy about Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings's higher ed report, which many think could lead to standardized testing in colleges, the Daily Kansan reports.
- Walking is lame. At NYU, why not get a free "bicytaxi" instead? At Lehigh, drunk buses are also lame; who needs the university-provided shuttles when the clubs will drive you themselves?
- Georgetown University is thinking about banning kegs, the Hoya reports.
- Thursday nights may soon be very lame at Arizona State, thanks to a potential scheduling change, the State Press is sad to report.
- Even people in Durham don't think Duke is a bunch of racist rapists. A new study says the school's reputation has "rebounded".