The two public schools we went to in Florida couldn't be more of a contrast with the two private colleges we visited. The Universities of Florida and Central Florida are among the largest in the nation, while Bethune-Cookman, a historically black university, and Ringling, a college of art and design, offer a totally different experience. Exploring the pluses and minuses is one of the reasons we recommend road trips in the first place.
- U.S. News Went on College Road Trips So You Don't Have to
- Road Trip: Florida's Bethune-Cookman University
- Road Trip: Florida's Ringling College of Art and Design
- Road Trip: the University of Central Florida
- Road Trip: the University of Florida
Searching for a college? Get our America's Best Colleges 2010 complete rankings.