No purchase necessary to enter or win. Must be 18 years of age or older
- "Contest name used under authorized license with My School Rocks!"
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The "Why My School Rocks" Contest ("Contest") is a video submission contest offering the opportunity to compete for a chance to win a spring break trip for two, as described in these Official Rules. By participating in this Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to Sponsors' decisions, which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. The Contest submission period begins at 12:00 a.m. E.D.T. on August 29, 2008, and ends at 11:59 p.m. E.D.T. on October 31, 2008 ("Submission Period"). The Sponsors of this Contest are U.S. News & World Report, L.P. ("U.S. News"), 450 West 33rd St., New York, NY 10001, and STA Travel, Inc., 750 State Hwy 121 Byp, Suite 250, Lewisville, TX 75067 (collectively, "Sponsor"). The Contest will operate as described below, on or about the stated dates:
- Submission Period (8/29/08 - 10/31/08): Videos are submitted according to the "How to Enter" description in Section 3 of the Official Rules.
- Viewing Period (8/29/08 - 10/31/08): Videos are available for viewers to view. The Ten(10) video with the most views during the Viewing Period become "Finalists."
- Top Ten(10) Finalist Videos will be announced (11/3/08).
- Judging Period: (11/3/08 - 11/7/08): Finalist videos will be viewed by a panel of judges selected in the sole discretion of Sponsor and will be judged according to the criteria described in Section 5 of the Official Rules. One Grand Prize Winner will be selected.
- Notification Period: (11/10/08-11/11/08): Sponsor shall attempt to contact Grand Prize Winner, or an alternate, if necessary, as described in Section 6 of the Official Rules.
- One Grand Prize Winner announced on or about 11/12/08 at 8:00am E.S.T.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to entrants ("Entrant") who are legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C. Void outside of the 50 United States, Washington, D.C., and where prohibited. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age, have Internet access, and be students registered and taking classes at an accredited four-year college or university within the United States as of the date of submission. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, and members of their immediate families, and those living in the same household, their licensees, promotional partners, prize providers, agencies, affiliates, subsidiaries, owners and agents are ineligible. The Grand Prize Winner and his or her travel companion ("Guest") must be available to travel to Jamaica, Cancun, Acapulco or the Bahamas during the week of Spring Break. Sponsor will make best efforts to obtain travel and accommodations, as described in Section 7 of these Official Rules, during the week that Winner's school designates "Spring Break," subject to cost and availability. The exact week and dates of travel will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Each Entrant must be the rightful owner of the E-mail address registered with the YouTube account used to log in and upload the Video Submission through the Contest Homepage (as described in Section 3, below). In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the natural person in whose name the E-mail account is registered with YouTube. The "authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person to whom the E-mail address is assigned by an Internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning E-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted E-mail address. Entry constitutes Entrant's certification that he/she meets the eligibility requirements set forth in these official rules. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of any potential winner. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, visit the Contest website during the Submission Period by logging on to http://www.usnews.com/youtubecontest (the "Contest Homepage"), click the link to "post a video response," and follow the instructions for uploading your video, which shall constitute your Video Submission. You must completely and accurately submit all required information to enter. You will be required to sign in to YouTube to post a video response. If you do not already have a YouTube account, you will be required to create one. Entrants must submit a short video under ten  minutes in length, based on the following theme: Why My School Rocks. Entrant must comply with all Video submissions requirements, as detailed below. Entry is not complete until Entrant has followed the online prompts to upload the digital file containing their Video Submission.
All Submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. E.D.T. on Friday, October 31, 2008. Sponsor is not responsible for late or unsuccessful attempts to enter. Sponsor reserves the right to allow for minor fluctuations between the Entrant's timing device and the actual runtime of the Submission on the Contest Homepage, based on clear intent to comply with the Official Rules, as determined in the Sponsor's sole discretion. The Entrant should be able to provide on request all appropriate clearances, permissions and releases for the Video Submission, including releases from the submitting Entrant and any third parties appearing in the Submission. Incomplete, corrupted, untimely, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. If for any reason an Entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to determine in its sole discretion which entries have satisfied the entry requirements. Entrants may enter more than once, as long as all entries comply with these Official Rules, including without limitation the Video Submission Requirements. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT EACH ENTRY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Video Submission Requirements
- Be a maximum of ten (10) minutes in length;
- Be submitted in one of the following formats: asf, .wmv, .mov, .qt, .3g2, .3gp, .3gp2, .3gpp, .gsm, .mpg, .mpeg, .mp4, .m4v, .mp4v, .cmp, .divx, .xvid, .264, .rm, .rmvb, .flv. Any other formats submitted and/or exceeding the time limit will be disqualified.
- Be the Entrant's original idea (modification of an original work shall not be considered an original idea).
- Comply with YouTube terms of service and specifications for user submissions and/or video uploads, located at http://www.youtube.com/t/terms and as may otherwise be posted on the YouTube website.
Videos must NOT:
- Exceed 100 MB in file size and/or ten (10) minutes in play time;
- Contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing;
- Include mention or performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to music, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property.
- Contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, Video Submissions must not include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures. Entrants may, however, include footage of their school's campus, which may include school buildings or landmarks and signs that contain the school's name or names of buildings on campus, as long as the taking or use of such footage does not violate any federal, state or local laws, or school rules.
- Feature music that is not originally written, performed and produced by Entrant only; all music featured in any video must be available to publicize and broadcast on a license-free, no compensation basis.
- Include third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities and friends who have not expressly authorized Entrants to display their image, likeness or voice in any submitted video or otherwise use such image, likeness or voice in accordance with these Official Rules.
By entering, each Entrant represents and warrants that his or her entry (and Sponsor's and its designees' use thereof) does not and will not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party and does not and will not violate any federal, state, or local laws or ordinances. Entrant further represents and warrants that he or she has secured the requisite consent from any third party referenced or appearing in their entries. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes violates any of the Video Submission Requirements, does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit and theme of the Contest. Entrant agrees that Sponsor shall own the entries (and all ideas, forms, designs, patents, copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property embodied therein), and that Sponsor and its designees shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to publish and use the entries in any way, and in any media for trade, advertising, promotional, and/or other purposes as Sponsor and/or its designees may determine without further consideration to Entrant or any third party.
4. VIEWING PERIOD: Videos shall be available for viewing once they are submitted. Video views generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. You Tube records the number of views each video receives. The ten (10) videos with the most views during the Viewing Period (12:00 a.m. E.D.T. on 8/29/08 to 11:59 p.m. E.D.T. on 10/31/08) shall be deemed Finalists. The number of views shall be measured by You Tube's customary method. In the event of a tie, the Sponsor will host a 24-hour voting-round from 12:00 a.m. E.D.T on November. 1, 2008, to 12:00 a.m. E.D.T. on November. 2, 2008, between tied entries to determine which video receives the most views. In the event of a subsequent tie, additional details regarding the tie-breaker will be made available on the Contest Homepage. All decisions of the Sponsor are final on all aspects of the Contest.
5. JUDGING PERIOD: The Judging Period begins on 11/3/08 and ends on 11/7/08. A panel of judges ("Judges") selected by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will judge the ten (10) Finalists and select a Grand Prize Winner based on the following criteria:
- 40% Use of the "Why My School Rocks" theme
- 30% Creativity
- 30% Effectiveness in providing an overall campus view useful to prospective students
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ANNOUNCEMENT: The potential Grand Prize Winner, as determined by the Judges, will be notified by E-mail (via the E-mail account used to sign in to YouTube) on or about November. 10, 2008, and will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification attempt. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of participation in the Contest and, in such case, Sponsor will select an alternate Grand Prize Winner according to the Judges' results. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to execute and return a notarized affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (where legally permissible) and other documents required by the Sponsor within a reasonable amount of time, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. If a potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be contacted by E-mail after the first attempt to contact him or her, or if he or she fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if he or she and his or her Guest are unavailable to travel within the Spring Break week specified by Sponsor, the potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate entry will be selected in his or her place from all eligible entries received according to the judging criteria described above. Only one alternate winner selection will be made, after which any remaining prizes will remain unawarded.
7. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: One Grand Prize winner ( "Grand Prize Winner" or "Winner"), will receive a spring break trip for Winner and one Guest to visit Jamaica, Cancun, Acapulco or the Bahamas during the week of Spring Break. Sponsor will make best efforts to obtain travel and accommodations, as described below, during the week that Winner's school designates "Spring Break," subject to cost and availability. The exact week and dates of travel will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner may select which location the Winner will visit, subject to availability, and as long as the cost is not more than $1,500 per traveler. Prize package includes round-trip coach airfare for two people and a minimum of four (4) and a maximum of seven (7) night's standard, double occupancy hotel accommodations, subject to availability and at the sole discretion of sponsor. All other travel-related fees and expenses not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of Winner.
Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize is $1,500.00 per traveler ($3,000.00 total), depending upon Winner's point of travel origin. Airport, airline and hotel to be selected by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Transportation and accommodations are subject to availability, blackout periods, government restrictions and regulations, other restrictions may apply. Winner and Guest must travel together.
Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. In no event will more than one (1) Grand Prize be awarded.
Prize Restrictions: Grand Prize Winner's Guest must be 18 years of age or older. Guest must execute a release of liability and publicity release (where legal) prior to departing for the Spring Break trip. Winner will be solely responsible for any and all federal, state and/or local taxes and all fees and expenses resulting from acceptance of any and all prizes associated with this Contest, including but not limited to taxes, tips, entertainment, meals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, incidentals, transfers, transportation to airport to and from Grand Prize Winner's and Guest's home residence, and other expenses. Winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No prize substitution or changes are allowed except at the discretion of Sponsor. Prize cannot be substituted or redeemed for cash. All prizes are subject to availability. If a prize or any portion of a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded; provided, however, that if prizes are awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by recipient, prize may not be re-awarded in Sponsor's sole discretion. Other restrictions may apply. Limit one prize per person, per household. Winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the appropriate retail value of his or her prize. Final value of Grand Prize depends on winner's place of residence and cost and availability of airfare and hotel at time of booking and travel and may be substantially higher or lower than estimated value. All travel tickets are subject to terms and conditions stated on tickets. Exact trip dates will be specified by the Sponsor and no substitutions will be allowed. All travel must be completed on dates, times and to/from airports designated and/or approved by Sponsor. Winner and Guest must have valid identification and any other documents necessary for air travel (including but not limited to a valid U.S. passport, if required). Prize is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Winner is responsible for any loss of prize or portion of prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor will not replace lost or stolen prizes. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed, and no refunds or compensation will be made in the event of cancellation or delay of any flight or portion of it.
In the event a Grand Prize Winner and/or Guest engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor or any of Sponsor's services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the travel early, and send Winner and/or Guest home with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to Winner and/or Guest, which may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, result in Winner's disqualification from the Contest and forfeiture of any (and/or all) prize(s). In the event Grand Prize Winner or Guest engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects Winner or Guest to arrest or detention, Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by Winner or Guest as a result of such conduct. SPONSOR SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEALTH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY TRAVEL RELATED TO THE GRAND PRIZE OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER'S OR GUEST'S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THE GRAND PRIZE.
8. RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS: In consideration of Entrant's Video being reviewed and evaluated for this Contest, each Entrant hereby grants to the Sponsor the exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display such Video, or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to all forms of television and all forms of Internet and wireless protocol. Each Entrant authorizes the Sponsor and any entities affiliated or in privity with the Sponsor to utilize, for eternity and in any manner they see fit, the Video submitted to Sponsor, and to make derivative works from such materials solely in connection with the Contest (i.e., to create promotional materials). Each Entrant releases the Sponsor, and their assignees and licensees, from any and all claims or liability (now known or hereafter arising), including but not limited to any claims for defense and/or indemnity, in connection therewith. Each Entrant agrees and acknowledges that participation in the Contest, including, without limitation, the Entrant's decision to provide the Entrant's submission to Sponsor for purposes of the Contest, shall not give rise to any confidential, fiduciary, implied-in-fact, implied-in-law, or other special relationship between Sponsor and Entrant, does not place the Sponsor in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Entrant's video submission, and that the only contracts, express or implied, between the Sponsor and Entrant are as set forth in these Official Rules and the release forms. The Grand Prize Winner may be required to complete and execute additional documents and have third parties execute Sponsor's documents in connection with the rights granted to Sponsor as a condition of prize acceptance. In addition, by participating in the Contest and submitting a Video, each Entrant hereby grants permission (except where prohibited by law) for the Sponsor to use Entrant's Video, name, likeness, voice, quotes, comments, biographical information, photograph and/or image for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further notice, permission, compensation or consideration in any and all media now known or hereafter developed throughout the universe, unless prohibited by law. Except as required by law or permitted pursuant to these Contest Official Rules, the Sponsor will not share an Entrant's information with any third parties.
9. NATURE OF RELATIONSHIP/WAIVER OF EQUITABLE RELIEF: Each Entrant understands and acknowledges that the Sponsor has wide access to ideas, stories, designs, and other literary materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by their own employees. Each Entrant also acknowledges that many ideas or stories may be competitive with, similar or identical to the Submission and/or each other in theme, idea, plot, format or other respects. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that such Entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of Sponsor's use of any such similar or identical material. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the copyright in and to the Submission. Finally, each Entrant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by Entrant relating to or arising out of Sponsor's actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Submission or other material submitted in connection with the Contest, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable Entrant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such Entrant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of the Video or any other production based on or allegedly based on the Submission, and the Entrant's rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
10. RIGHTS OF SPONSOR / DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: Sponsor shall have the right and sole discretion to edit, to refuse to air or transmit, or cease to air or transmit any Video whatsoever which it finds to be in violation of these Official Rules, or which it finds in its sole discretion to be otherwise objectionable for any reason, including with respect to Sponsor's standards and practices and other policies. Sponsor also reserves the right to replace the Grand Prize Winner's Video with the Video of an alternate eligible Entrant in accordance with these Official Rules if such Video and/or Entrant is withdrawn from or removed from the Contest for any reason, including without limitation, Entrant's failure to have Sponsor's documents executed by third parties. Sponsor also reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest for any reason in the event that there is an error, malfunction, problem or other cause which impacts the operation, administration or security of the Contest or the Sponsor and, in such situation, to select the winner(s) from the eligible Entries received prior to the action taken or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. The opinions expressed in the Videos are not necessarily (and in some cases not at all) those of the Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible for any materials provided by Entrants which are deemed harmful or offensive to others or for any harm incurred as a result of the Video's creation. The Sponsor is not responsible in any way for any injury, loss or damage which occurs as a result of an opinion expressed or information provided in the Videos transmitted on the website or on television. The Sponsor makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the content or the accuracy or reliability of any information or statements contained in the Videos. All statements and opinions made by Entrants are those of such Entrants only, and the Sponsor neither endorses nor shall be held responsible for the reliability or accuracy of same. Sponsor is not responsible for the content or practices of You Tube or other third party websites that may be linked to the Contest Homepage. This site may also be linked to websites operated by companies affiliated with Sponsor. Visitors to those sites should refer to each site's separate privacy policies and practices.
11. WARRANTY: It is an express condition of submission and eligibility that each Entrant warrants and represents that Entrant's Video is solely owned by Entrant and solely created by Entrant for the purpose of entering this Contest, and that no other party has any rights or interest in the Videos. Entrant further represents and warrants that the Videos and any use thereof by the Sponsor or any partners, subsidiaries and affiliates in connection with programming, advertising, promotion and publicity, shall not infringe upon any statutory or common law intellectual property right (including, without limitation, any copyright) under U.S. and international laws and shall not constitute a defamation, or invasion of the right of privacy or publicity, or infringement of any other right of any kind of any third party.
12. INDEMNITY: The Contest may also be promoted by a third party or parties (each a "Promotional Partner," collectively "Promotional Partners"). Entrant shall indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, any Promotional Partners, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, successors, assigns and licensees, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents and representatives from and against any and all liability, claims, loss, damage, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising in connection with any third party action arising out of a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach, of any of Entrant's representations, warranties or obligations herein.
13. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating, each Entrant agrees that the Sponsor and each of their respective agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and legal advisers, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, officers, and directors ("Released Parties") are not responsible or liable for, and shall be released and held harmless from: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected or otherwise undeliverable mail, postage-due notices, release forms, affidavits or other correspondence; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (iv) any printing, human, typographical or other errors or ambiguities in (or involving) any materials associated with the Contest; (v) any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and action of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Contest; (vi) acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising there from; and (vii) claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the Contest at any time for any reason, including, without limitation, if a computer virus, bug or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Contest, strikes, lock-outs, acts of God, technical difficulties, and other events not within the reasonable control of Sponsor.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO TRAVEL CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE CONTEST HOMEPAGE AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
14. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: New York law governs this Contest. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. In the event of a claim or dispute, Entrants' sole remedy shall be limited to their remedy at law for damages, if any, and Entrants shall not have the right to in any way enjoin or restrain the distribution, advertising, publicizing or other exploitation (in any form of media) of the Contest Homepage, the Contest, and/or any intellectual property owned or licensed by the Sponsor or their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliated entities. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to prohibit any Entrant from participating in the Contest or to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole determination, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor may suspend or discontinue the Contest if, in its sole opinion, there is any actual or suspected tampering of the Contest, or any other malfunction, event or activity that may affect the integrity of the Contest. SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE OBLIGATED TO AWARD ANY PRIZE THAT RELATES TO OR ARISES OUT OF IMPROPER OR MISTAKEN PRIZE NOTIFICATION, OPERATION OR FUNCTION OF THIS CONTEST.
16: SPONSOR: U.S. News & World Report, L.P., 450 West 33rd St., New York, NY 10001, and STA Travel, Inc., 750 State Hwy 121 Byp, Suite 250, Lewisville, TX 75067.
17. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit http://www.usnews.com/youtubecontest or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by October. 31, 2008, to: Official Rules, "Why My School Rocks Contest", c/o U.S. News & World Report, L.P., 450 West 33rd St., New York, NY 10001. For a list of winners, available after December 1, 2008, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by December 31, 2008, to: Winners List, "Why My School Rocks Contest", c/o U.S. News & World Report, L.P., 450 West 33rd St., New York, NY 10001. Requests received without a self-addressed, stamped envelope will not be fulfilled.