- Feature music that is not originally written, performed and produced by Entrant only; all music featured in any video must be available to publicize and broadcast on a license-free, no compensation basis.
- Include third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities and friends who have not expressly authorized Entrants to display their image, likeness or voice in any submitted video or otherwise use such image, likeness or voice in accordance with these Official Rules.
By entering, each Entrant represents and warrants that his or her entry (and Sponsor's and its designees' use thereof) does not and will not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party and does not and will not violate any federal, state, or local laws or ordinances. Entrant further represents and warrants that he or she has secured the requisite consent from any third party referenced or appearing in their entries. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes violates any of the Video Submission Requirements, does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit and theme of the Contest. Entrant agrees that Sponsor shall own the entries (and all ideas, forms, designs, patents, copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property embodied therein), and that Sponsor and its designees shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to publish and use the entries in any way, and in any media for trade, advertising, promotional, and/or other purposes as Sponsor and/or its designees may determine without further consideration to Entrant or any third party.
4. VIEWING PERIOD: Videos shall be available for viewing once they are submitted. Video views generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. You Tube records the number of views each video receives. The ten (10) videos with the most views during the Viewing Period (12:00 a.m. E.D.T. on 8/29/08 to 11:59 p.m. E.D.T. on 10/31/08) shall be deemed Finalists. The number of views shall be measured by You Tube's customary method. In the event of a tie, the Sponsor will host a 24-hour voting-round from 12:00 a.m. E.D.T on November. 1, 2008, to 12:00 a.m. E.D.T. on November. 2, 2008, between tied entries to determine which video receives the most views. In the event of a subsequent tie, additional details regarding the tie-breaker will be made available on the Contest Homepage. All decisions of the Sponsor are final on all aspects of the Contest.
5. JUDGING PERIOD: The Judging Period begins on 11/3/08 and ends on 11/7/08. A panel of judges ("Judges") selected by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will judge the ten (10) Finalists and select a Grand Prize Winner based on the following criteria:
- 40% Use of the "Why My School Rocks" theme
- 30% Creativity
- 30% Effectiveness in providing an overall campus view useful to prospective students
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ANNOUNCEMENT: The potential Grand Prize Winner, as determined by the Judges, will be notified by E-mail (via the E-mail account used to sign in to YouTube) on or about November. 10, 2008, and will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification attempt. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of participation in the Contest and, in such case, Sponsor will select an alternate Grand Prize Winner according to the Judges' results. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to execute and return a notarized affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (where legally permissible) and other documents required by the Sponsor within a reasonable amount of time, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. If a potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be contacted by E-mail after the first attempt to contact him or her, or if he or she fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if he or she and his or her Guest are unavailable to travel within the Spring Break week specified by Sponsor, the potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate entry will be selected in his or her place from all eligible entries received according to the judging criteria described above. Only one alternate winner selection will be made, after which any remaining prizes will remain unawarded.